Saturday, April 17, 2010

Official Family of 5!!!





Our sweet little boy has arrived! Here's the long story short...I was scheduled to be induced on April 7th and the hospital had no beds (apparently the entire rest of the world is having babies right now too) so they said "don't call us, we'll call you". I was bumbed but went to bed and at 1:50 in the morning we received a phone call telling us to hurry cuz they had a bed open. We got there and by 3:30, I was hooked up with patossin and ready to go. By 7:00 a.m. I got my epidural, 9:00 a.m. the doc broke my water and Jake went to work right after my epidural so I was just chillin' all day. My mom came to sit with me around noon and I was about a 4 so Jake stayed at work. He came back around 2:30ish and my mom was leaving at 3:00 to pick up my kids and they checked me as she was walking out and I was at a 10 all of a sudden. They called the doc and four sets of pushes and 25 minutes later, out came our little angel. I didn't feel a thing and it was the easiest quickest labor ever.











Griffin David Banner Born on April 8, 2010 7lbs. 5oz. & 20 & 1/4 inches long. Name explanation: The name has always been Griffin but his middle name was James. For some reason a night or two before having him, I asked Jake if he liked Griffin David to name him after my dad. Jake said whatever but we just decided to stick with James. When he was born though, I took a pic of him and his hand was up and showed that he has a line that goes across his entire palm and my dad has the same line across his palm. It's rare but a few people in our family have it and everyone makes a big deal when someone is born with that so we changed his name to Griffin David and my dad was so excited.

5 comments:

AmyLyn said...

Kelsey! He's beautiful!! Cindy was just telling me on FB that she just got two new grandbabies! It's funny: your oldest is Ellie (my oldest is Ella) and we both have 2 girls and a boy...baby Noah was born a week ago, so we're in the same spot of life right now. Tell Jake he looks so proud holding that sweet little boy. Congrats to you guys! Yay for not being pregnant anymore!

Karlee said...

Congrats Kelsey! He is gorgeous!

Brooke Colvin said...

Kels - he is so cute! I can't wait to see him in person. We are finally getting "settled" into our house and hopefully next week some time I can bring the girls over to see little Griffin. Hope you're doing good :)

becki said...

Guess Who! I haven't seen you in forever and I just spotted your blog. You are so incredibly beautiful and those kids of yours are perfect looking Gap models.

Just wanted to say hi and congrats on your new baby boy!

Clarissa and Mark said...

He is so cute! Were you watching Ellen while you were delivering?! I don't blame you, I would be too! I can't wait to meet the little guy! I am glad everything went smoothly.