Monday, January 12, 2009

Then New Year's, My Birthday, & Jake's Birthday

As you can see, we have a very busy December and January. My birthday was January 3rd and Jake's was January 7th. I don't have pics of my birthday other than this beautiful cake my very good friend Kari made for me. This sparkler we put on it stayed lit for like 10 minutes. It was so fun. As we were walking out the door, our babysitter canceled but Kari came to the rescue and offered to let our girls come play with her kids. Thanks Kari, you are such a sweet friend and I'm so glad I can come to you for anything. (And thanks for my yummy cake and cute necklace!) Here we are on Jake's birthday and if you'll notice, that is not a glove to keep his hands warm. That's right, Jake broke his hand the night before his birthday. We spent that night until almost 2:00 in the morning of his birthday in the hospital getting x-rays. I'm embarassed to say that this was the cause of him being a stupid boy and punching the garage door. Not cool! I won't go into any more detail but everything is fine and he only has to wear the cast for three weeks. I'm already sick of his whining.
Buddha, Jake, and Jake's stupid cast.


Jake blowing out candles on his birthday cake that once again our dear friend Kari made. All Jake wanted for his birthday was a great meal made by Kari and he undeservingly got it. I'm just kidding but I sure hope he learned his lesson. He also got Les Miserables tickets from yours truly which we are so excited for.

Happy Birthday Jake!!! I love you despite ALL your imperfections. I know this year started a little rocky but I'm glad we are getting through these times together. I'm so proud of all your hard work and what a great dad and husband you are. Thanks and I love you sugar!!! Hopefully we'll get a break here pretty soon.



4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to you both!
Boys will be boys. They just like to punch things- I'll never understand it :)

Rachel said...

hey girl, is rachel from beauty school. How's mountain side fitness? I miss it ton's...but i think i will survive. I'm glad I found your blog. U have such a cute fam. your girls are addorable. Hey what's your e-mail? we r having a valentines day party and i want to send you an e-vite.

Jones Family said...

Hey Kelsey! I saw your blog from Karlee's. You have such a cute family. I had no idea you married Jake Banner:) I sat by him in some class at MVT.

The McKnights said...

Time for a new post!!! ha ha I have no room to talk. I just want to see what else you and your cute girlies are up to since we haven't seen you in a while! Are we still going out tonight? What's the plan? We need to get our girls together one day next week too! Annie asks about Ellee all the time! ha ha She pretends to talk to her on her phone and asks me where she is and what she's doing. Love ya!