Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Filling you in

Surprise! We got a puppy. Jake has been begging for one since...forever. I surprised Jake and the girls on Valentine's Day and picked up our little Shih-tzu. Her name is Coco. She is a cutie! The girls love her (probably cuz they don't have to clean up after her) Jake liked her at first but now, he wouldn't care if we got rid of her. He is sick of picking up her crap etc. I don't know the first thing about potty training a dog. I have a three year old human that isn't even potty trained.

I know, I know. That is so sad that Ellie isn't potty trained. I have been getting so much crap for it lately. I'm sick of hearing people tell me what a horrible mom I am. We just got back from Hawaii (which was fun but I will post about that later) and so I just started her yesterday. It actually has been going farely well. She gets embarassed and doesn't tell me she has to go so she'll just go by herself and pull off her panties and go. Which I guess for the second day, is pretty good. However, sometimes she goes pee while she's just standing there and realizes she's not a wearing a diaper and run to the bathroom so half makes in the potty and the other half has made a pee trail to the bathroom. I have prepared myself for the worste so to me, that is great if a drop makes in the potty. Anyway, I will keep you updated on whether or not we still have Coco in a few months. : )


Coco taking a bath in my salon sink




5 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

Hey Kels! Your dog is so cute! I vote that you should keep him. I know it's easy for me to say because I'm not the one cleaning up after him. I'm sure your girls love playing with him though. I want to see the Hawaii pictures!! Love ya sis.

Jen said...

Your little dog is so cute.
I can't wait to see Hawaii pics!
As for the potty training... Do you have cute pullups?, a treat jar? a sticker chart? Good Luck & keep me updated:)

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Your girls are just so darling. I need to meet them in person! PS I am getting induced next Wed!! Woo hoo! Maybe next time you see me I won't be pregnant :)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

very cute puppy! I might just have to steal it!!

Kendria said...

Try a Great Dane on for size, Jake. You'll think cleaning up crap is fun! :) She's cute- you have to keep her. Hang in there!